Newsletter & Bonus eCourse

Sign Up Now For Your Monthly Newsletter!

Receive As A Bonus: "The 7 Dirty Little Secrets" Mini-Course.
Find Out What No One Has Been Telling You! Privacy Policy

**We respect your privacy, and will NEVER rent, sell, or trade your personal information.**

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Some People Have Asked...

"I still don't get what you mean by the truth behind ADHD..."

Honestly, I'm glad you have asked!

There is a whole lot more to this "truth" I speak of, and I have been struggling with how to explain it.

I just couldn't find the words when I started sharing this message.

Let me see what I can do here:

Simply put - The truth behind ADHD, is that 9 times out of 10 there is something more contributing to the behavior of your child than just these supposed symptoms and problem behaviors.

Some medical doctors refer to other problems as having a "co-morbid" existence, or in other words, there is another disorder or cluster of behaviors involved.

I am NOT necessarily referring to co-morbidity here.

Instead, I am talking about the overall context of life and the events that go on around us day to day.

A proper diagnosis is just about less than half the battle.

Let me say this a different way:

Once you have the diagnosis (or think you have a diagnosis), the real work is just beginning.

Regardless of whether or not you or your child (or if you are a teacher and you think a child has ADHD), the diagnosis alone does nothing.

Medication alone, in my most humble and honest opinion will do nothing more than cover up what is going on.

Imagine for a moment if your child's alleged ADHD was really a gift?

  • What if your child had endless creativity and just needed a better way to express that gift?

  • What if your child had sensory integration problems (difficulty with certain fabrics and touches)?

    Just imagine the possibilities is all that I ask, before you point the finger and say: My child has ADHD.

    That is the TRUTH Behind ADHD.

    The real work, the real truth, is what is going on all around you and your child.

    The real truth is what you do with a diagnosis of ADHD, or any other kind for that matter.

    As always, keep your questions coming, and keep your eyes posted for what is about to unfold here.

  • No comments: